It is our goal to help individuals all over the world start and maintain small businesses by making and selling their products. We focus primarily on women because when you help one woman out of poverty she in turn helps four others out of poverty!
1. 40% of all working women make less than $2 a day.
2. Women are paid, in general, 25 cents to a mans dollar.
3. Of the world's 1.3 billion people in poverty, 70% are women.
4. About 80% of the world's 27 million refugees are women & children.
5. The primary victims of today's wars are civilian women and their children, not soldiers.
6. Women have not achieved equality with men in any country.
7. In most countries, women work approximately twice the unpaid time men do.
8. When given resources, women will share them with her children and community.
Everyone wants to make a difference in the world but often we don't know how. Trades of Hope makes it easy. Your purchase allows many people to be blessed! Trades of Hope is not lining the pockets of big corporations or sweat shops. It's providing a fair wage for people who need it the most.
We get to be part of rescuing girls from the sex trade to find their true worth! We sell baskets from Africa to help women who have been outcast because of aids. We sell bags from women who had leprosy and this allows them to have a home and not have to beg along side their children on the streets. We have jewelry from widows in Guatemala who help feed all the elderly in their village. We help women move out of slums and send their children to school, breaking the cycle of poverty. We help give women options so they do not get trapped working with their children in sweat shop for 16 hours a day. We believe in empowering women to have a voice and become world changers themselves.
Interested in becoming a Trades of Hope artisan? Download our application here!