- Create Opportunities for Economically and Socially Marginalized Artisans
- Develop Transparent and Accountable Relationships
- Build Capacity and Sustainability
- Promote Fair Trade
- Pay Promptly and Fairly
- Support Safe and Empowering Working Conditions
- Ensure the Rights of Children
- Cultivate Environmental Stewardship
- Respect Cultural Identity
To read more about these principles, you can check out the Fair Trade Federation's website here: www.fairtradefederation.org/fair-trade-federation-principles/
This has been a long project over the last year to work with the Fair Trade Federation. Their approval is based off of many conversations they had with our staff and our artisans. For our artisan groups that were not fair trade certified, the FTF confirmed that the processes we use to ensure accountability meet their high standards and they were so impressed with the systems we have set in place to protect our artisans.
Though we have always been committed to fair trade principles, we love that we can now represent our core value of our artisans with a widely recognized membership! Be on the look out as our branding and marketing will begin to reflect their logo over the next couple of weeks.
Check us out on the Fair Trade Federation website. www.fairtradefederation.org/findmembers